Please join us for a wonderful evening as we taste and savor the olive oil from the Caponetti Farm in Tuscania, a city in Lazio. From its own 500 olive trees, Lorenzo produces organically one of the best Italian olive oils. The olives are picked by hand when the quality is at its best, and taken immediately to the mill. The mill is a traditional one, with the old millstone, where the oil is still cold pressed. A wealth of low acidity and wonderful flavour.
For the last 8 years, Lorenzo has been coming to the Hudson Valley with his fresh-pressed olives to spread the word of good, clean and fair food. His olive oil is organically produced and uses traditional techniques embraced by many outstanding American chefs such as Daniel Humm at Eleventh Madison Park and Dan Barber at Blue Hill at Stone Barns. He is a good friend of the Slow Food movement.
Those of you that have been with Slow Food Hudson Valley for a number of years may realize that having a meal at a Hudson Valley Restaurant with Lorenzo as a featured guest has been an annual event for the last 7 or 8 years. Olive oil should also be available for purchase at the event.
We hope you will join us!
Menu for the Evening
* Roasted parsnip and pear soup with toasted pecans
* Artisan cheese plate featuring local cheese makers
* Bruschetta with assorted seasonal toppings
* Panko breaded portobello steak fries, garlic aioli
* Grilled Rykowski Livestock skirt steak skewer with chimichurri
* Pan seared Rykowski livestock pork belly with a roasted garlic and fennel puree and a spiced cider reduction
* Gin-cured salmon, Taliaferro Farms roasted beets, dill crème
* Olive oil cake with pear chutney
* Apple crisp
* Coffee, Tea, Mulled Cider
* Cash Bar – will feature cocktails using products from local distilleries
What: Slow Food Hudson Valley Olive Oil Dinner
When: Tuesday, December 11th 6:30-9pm
Where: Rock and Rye Tavern, New Paltz
Cost: $55 per person
RSVP: Call Rock and Rye Tavern directly at 255-7888
Also visit their website at www.rockandrye.com